IEEE Region 8 - call for nominations
- Subject: IEEE Region 8 - call for nominations
OUs: R80023 (Spain Section)
Membership Grades: Honorary, Associate Members, Members, Senior Members, Fellows, Life Members, Life Seniors, Life Fellow, Graduate Student Members, Student Members
Membership Status: Active
- Reply To: "Jesus Fraile-Ardanuy" <email@example.com>
- Private: No
Os envío este "CALL FOR NOMINATIONS" para diversos puestos vacantes en la R8. Desde aquí, os animo a que os presentéis.
Dear IEEE Region 8 appointed members and members of the IEEE Region 8 Subcommittees,
The IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments (N&A) Subcommittee is soliciting nominations for the following leadership positions:
- IEEE Region 8 2019-2020 Secretary (two year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2019-2020 Treasurer (two year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2019 Vice Chair, Member Activities (one year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2019 Vice Chair, Student Activities (one year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2019 Vice Chair, Technical Activities (one year commitment)
The Region 8 N&A Subcommittee is also soliciting nominations for the members of the 2019-2020 IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments Subcommittee. Candidates must fulfill one of the following criteria at the time of their election (see the Region 8 Operations Manual, section R8-6.1.2):
- be a Section Chair in office
- have been a Section Chair within the past 3 years
- have been a Section Chair and currently holding an elected or appointed position of the R8 Committee.
Please submit your suggestions/nominations by filling the IEEE Region 8 Nomination form (available at the IEEE Region 8 website in the 'Documents' section) and sending it to Costas Stasopoulos, Chair of the IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments Subcommittee, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2018.
These IEEE Region 8 officers and the members of the IEEE Region 8 N&A Subcommittee will be elected at the Region 8 Committee meeting in Belgrade, Serbia, in October 2018. The Region 8 Committee members and all the nominees will be informed about the recommended slate of candidates for officers 5-6 weeks prior to the meeting.
For all further details, including petition processes, please refer to the IEEE Region 8 Bylaws and the IEEE Region 8 Operations Manual (available at the IEEE Region 8 website in the 'Documents' section), in particular the sections and R8-3.1.5-7 in the Bylaws, and the sections R8-4.4-6 ‘Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Chairs’ and R8-5 'Elections and appointments procedures' in the Operations Manual.
Please distribute this email among IEEE Region 8 volunteers and IEEE Region 8 Organizational Units as we want good volunteers to be nominated.
Thank you and best regards,
Chair, IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments Subcommittee.