IEEE NL Technical Talk: Power Electronics Technologies for Power Quality Improvement
Power Electronics Technologies for Power Quality Improvement
With the high penetration of power electronics systems, such as renewable energy systems, distributing generators, high voltage direct current (HVDC), and electric vehicles (EV), power quality problems in the grids are increasingly serious. The consumers are exposed to increasing power quality issues such as utility voltage sag/swell, three-phase imbalance, voltage fluctuation, and reactive power issues. These power quality and stability issues damage the sensitive equipment’s and cause billions of dollars damage every year. For example, one third of computer problems are traced back to power quality issues. The emerging power electronics technologies can be used to mitigate these issues. In this talk, we will discuss the application of power electronics technologies for mitigating power quality issues.
Date and Time
- Date: 14 Sep 2023
- Time: 01:00 PM to 01:45 PM
- All times are (UTC-03:30) Newfoundland
- Add Event to Calendar
- This event has virtual attendance info. Please visit the event page to attend virtually.
- Newfoundland-Labrador Affin Grp, YP
- Newfoundland-Labrador Section
- Contact Event Hosts
- Co-sponsored by Memorial University of Newfoundland
Ashraf of Memorial University of Newfoundland